The St. Pete Beach Family Aquatic Center is a year-round heated/chilled facility that consists of a six-lane Junior Olympic swimming pool with an attached children’s play area featuring several water features that spray, drop and squirt water. This play area consists of a mushroom-shaped waterfall and colorful dumping cones. There are also two large tubular slides for older children. The pool area has tables, lounge chairs, showers, and dressing rooms available. There is plenty of room for sunbathing or shady umbrellas to escape the hot sun.
All pool areas are accessible to individuals with disabilities.
- All partrons entering the pool must pay entrance fees. Including spectators.
- All patrons must shower before entering the pool
- Proper bathing attire must be worn in pool
- All children not toilet trained are required to wear a swim diaper and vinyl pants. (Vinyl pants are available at the pool office for $4.00)
- All participants are required to take a swim test every day before using the slide. This test consists of demonstrating to the pool staff the ability to swim 25 yards front crawl using reasonably good form.
- No inflatable water wings permitted, life jackets must be coast guard approved.. Staff will provide Coast Guard approved life jackets.
- All children under the age of 10 must be supervised by an adult 18 years and older.
- All swimmers must vacate pool area and deck during electrical storms.
- A 10-minute rest break will be called each hour where everyone under 18 must get out of the water and sit down away from the pool’s edge.
- No diving is permitted in any area of the pool.
- The pool schedule may change to accomodate special events or activities.
- The pool will be closed due to inclement weather at the Management’s discretion.
- The Recreation Department is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.