Permits, Applications, Forms
Permits with maximum sheet sizes of 11x17 may be submitted through our online permit portal or dropped off in the permit drop box in front of City Hall located at 155 Corey Avenue St. Pete Beach, FL 33706
Walk-in permitting will be by appointment only until further notice. To book an appointment online, please click here
Payment is due upon submittal of permit application.
- NOTICE: All new residential and commercial plans submitted after Feb 1,2021 must be designed to be in compliance with the new FEMA maps.
Please click on link and click on: Preliminary Products issued on 06/29/2018 for Pinellas County, Florida.
- Effective Immediately: Permit applications must include the homeowners notarized signature or the commercial property owners notarized signature.
- Effective December 31, 2020: All plans submitted must be in compliance with the 2020 7th Edition Florida Building Code
- View: Procedures For Processing, Reviewing, and Approving Building Permits and Application
Online Permit Application
Incomplete online permit applications will not be accepted, you will have to resubmit with proper documentation.
Attention: To minimize exposure between employees and the public, please pull all permits online.
- Ahri (Mechanical)
- Diagram of Window Placement
- Instructions for Uploading Files to a Permit (PDF)
- PDF for Large Format Plans (25Mb) - Hard copy plans are still required, please contact our office for instructions. Email us: email@example.com
- Please Include Necessary Documents (Building)
- Product Approvals (Roof, Windows, Doors, Etc.)
Use the buttons below to check the status of a Building application or schedule an inspection.
Permits & Plans Submission InfoSubmitting Online Permit: Submit all documents online
Submitting Hard Copy Permit: Submit all documents in hard copy, including revisions
Submitting Plans: Plans larger than 11x17 should be submitted with two sets of stamped & sealed plans with the application in person. Please make an appointment online
Important Info: The Building Department will not accept mixed submittals e.g., submitted online & then documents dropped at our office or in the mailbox outside city hall.
Cumulative Substantial Improvements
Beginning July 1st, 2021, the City will be adopting an ordinance which will establish a 5-year time frame in which the total value of improvements over a 5-year period will not exceed 50% of the value of the structure as established when the 1st permit is issued after July 1. When the value does exceed the 50% threshold the original building must be brought into compliance according to the ordinance requirements for new buildings. Roofs and certain ancillary equipment such as hot water heaters and AC systems, may be replaced as necessary as determined by the City’s Floodplain Administrator.
- Building Permit Application for Contractors / Subcontractor Sign-On (PDF)
- Driveway Agreement (PDF)
- Notice of Commencement (PDF)
- Owner-Builder Statement / Affidavit (PDF)
- Residential Swimming Pool / Spa / Hot Tub Safety Act (PDF)
- Resubmittal Cover Sheet (PDF)
- Agent Authorization Form (PDF)
- Right-of-Way Utilization Permit (PDF)
- Roof Affidavit (PDF)
- Reinstatement Request Form (PDF)
- Permit Extension Request (PDF)
- Substantial Improvement / Damage Application Packet (PDF)
- Notice to Pool Contractors (PDF)
- Notice to Seawall Contractors (PDF)
- Permit / Lien Request Form (PDF)
- Nonconversion Agreement (PDF)
- Submittal Requirements for Permit Type (PDF)
- Seawall Permitting Requirements (PDF)
- Seawall Agreement (PDF)
- Private Provider Packet (PDF)