Betty Rzewnicki, Commissioner, District 3
Term: January 2024 to March 2024
Email Betty Rzewnicki
When there is an election, the Commissioner of District 3 is elected by the voters in District 3.
Betty Rzewnicki was appointed by the City Commission on January 9, 2024, to fill the vacancy until the March 19, 2024, election. Betty Rzewnicki has qualified for the March election and was the only individual to qualify for District 3.
Betty was born and raised in Miami, Florida. She was raised by parents who instilled the importance of hard work and giving back to the community. She has a love for academics, nature, and people. She led groups as far back as her elementary school years as President of Honor Societies and Student Council. She studied Marine Science, Biology, Chemistry, and Art at the University of Miami. She has traveled to all 50 states and many countries throughout the world. She volunteered for organizations such as Hands On Miami and Big Brothers Big Sisters. After graduating from the University of Miami, she decided to take on teaching and was fortunate to have been placed at an underprivileged school that opened a path to empathy and an enduring 20+ year career with at-risk youth. She has lived in Sarasota, Tampa, and North Redington Beach. She met her husband, Jeff, in 2012. They married on St Pete Beach. She has a young daughter and 2 older stepkids.
Betty has been a teacher, Principal, Operations Manager, Division Director, Community Impact Leader, and Executive Officer in the field of Education, Community, and Youth Development.
- Bachelor of Science in Marine Science and Biology with a minor in Art and Chemistry, University of Miami
- Master's degree in Elementary Education, Barry University in Florida
- Master's degree in Educational Leadership, University of South Florida
- Florida Aquarium
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
- President of Don Cesar Property Owners Corporation
- Beach Cleanups
- 2023 St Pete Beach, Beach Stewardship Committee Member
- Chair of School Advisory Council for Gulf Beaches Elementary Magnet School